The Celtic cross that stands in Artillery Park on McMahon Street in Quebec City is the property of Irish Heritage Quebec. The cross is a gift from Ireland to the people of Quebec in memory of their generosity and compassion during the period of the Great Migration of the 19th century.
The Cross was donated by the Irish philanthropist James Callery, founder of the Strokestown Park and Famine Museum in County Roscommon, Ireland. A recognized sign of Irish identity, the Celtic cross stands near what was the site of the first Irish parish in Canada. The monument is part of a larger plan to recognize and develop Irish heritage in Old Quebec.
The following database contains a wealth of information that may be found in the numerous Contents of Catholic Church documents 1877-1918
Notre Dame de Quebec: In the date list of 1894
January – December –Index of Baptisms and Marriages
Click the link above to access the database in a new window.